The time has come for Pioneer to release its latest works of art, the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900. Talk about some serious pieces of hardware! Just look at that beautiful LCD screen and glossy black surface. God knows how sexy those track waveforms must look on that 6.1” screen! These babies will probably be at all the nice end clubs by the end of this week, and anyone who gets to play with them should consider themselves to be lucky. With a price tag of $2000 for the 1000 and $1,600 for the 900, these bad boys are definitely not cheap (status quo MK3’s retail for $1,400). Here are some of the features of these music machines:
- Multi Format Playback – The CDJ-2000 enables playback of MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF audio files on CD,DVD-ROM, SD card and USB memory devices.
- Pro DJ Link – New Pioneer Pro DJ Link that enables up to four CDJ-2000/900s to beconnected and share a single music source.
- 6.1” Full Color LCD panel and Graphic User Interface – For displaying song titles, jacket art as well as detailed track information and wave form display of each song so DJs can find informatio nneeded to select a song at a glance.
- Needle Search – Helps DJs instantaneously get to a specific part of a song with a simple touch of the Needle Search pad.
- MIDI – Users can assign various buttons of the CDJ-2000 to trigger other devices, such as DJ effecters and software with MIDI mapping capability.
- Free Rekordbox Music Management Software Included – Both the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 turntables include rekordbox, Pioneer’s proprietary music management software that organizes and catalogs a DJ’s entire music library. When music files are imported to rekordbox, the software analyzes each file and prepares them for use specifically with thenew CDJ turntables.
- Slip Mode – When activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and continues audible playback at the exact time when the loop, reverse or scratch is ended creating smoother transitions.
- Advanced Auto Beat Loop – The CDJ-900 generates a four-beat loop at a touch of a button creating acustomized sound to provide more time for DJs to blend in transitioning music
Here’s a testimonial by Armin:
Swedish House Mafia:
Someone please give me $4,000 so I can buy a pair… I promise to play you good music in return =)